Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lady Q

Lady Q is the title of a book i enjoyed reading. What I read in the book was sad but in reality it is true. The author Reymundo Sanchez talks about this young girl who lives in the city of Chicago. This girl was abused at a young age by her stepfather. Then she molested by her own uncle and sadly she got beated up by her mother when she told her. When i start to read this book I was annoyed at the mother. Honestly a mother to me should always listen to what a daughter has to say. I kept reading this book because it also brings in the gang violence that young kids live some times in the cities or other parts of the world. This families live in really bad neighborhoods were all the violence happens. Kids have contact to drugs much easier than other kids. These kids grow up to be kid that wished they had a better live, and some do really hramful things and they get locked up for life. This book helped be realize that not every child has everything they want or need. When I finished reading this book i was really thankful for the things I had and for the live style I live. This young girl also got involved in the latin kings and she became a Lady Queen because The latins were her family at one point until she stopped selling drugs and doing the other bad things they ordered her to do. That is when she realized that drugs and gang was not life. I really would recommend this book to everyone. Reymundo Sanchez does a really good job explaining with detail what happens to the girl and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment