Sunday, May 16, 2010

anemia

What is anemia? Anemia is a medical condition where the body is lacking of red cells, its below the normal line. The normality for the amount of red cells in your body depend of if your a female or a male. Anemia is caused by the minimizing of red cells make in the body, lack of vitamin B12, bone marrow disease, and not enough iron. Anemia can also be genetic, not necessarily anemia but other kind of disorder which can lead up to anemia. Iron is the main principal of the making of the red cells, if there is not enough iron in the body no red cells are made which causes anemia. Some symptoms for some people are fatigue, being tired, looking pale, being short on air. Others do not experience any symptoms. When I was younger i had this sickness. I had no symptoms at all, I did everything like normal. Until one day when i woke up my bed sheets and pillow there all covered with blood. My uncle and my grandmother took me to the hospital because my mom was not there at the moment. And they told my grandma that i had anemia but only the begining of it. So i had to eat a lot of things that contained iron for almost two months. It was a scary feeling and uncomfortable months. They would always sit with me until i eat the meal , if not i could not get up the table. After that day I started to feel tired becuase of all the blood that i did not have in my body.

1 comment:

  1. good blog :) here's more info on anemia if required http://www.whatisanemia.info/

    ReplyDelete